How can you help make 2020
The Year of the Space and Satellite Student ?
As we continue our mission to make the satellite and aerospace industries one of the world’s best at attracting the talent that powers innovation, we look for your help to make our events a success. In fact, we would like to set the bar high for supporting $30,000 worth of student scholarships in 2020.
Here are six ways you can help:
- Donate an item for auction or raffle and come to the 2020 Winter Fundraiser Jan 23rd at the Airbus Experience Center. Details on how to donate an item or register are here and you can reach out to Britt Lewis for other details.
- Consider a corporate scholarship so we can expand the number of universities and colleges SSPI Mid-Atlantic Chapter supports. Reach out to Rashid Neighbors, our Scholarship Chair, for more info.
- Sponsor one of our evening panel events. By hosting or providing a small donation for food and beverage, you can make a difference. Don’t forget to sign up to attend as well! Contact Arnie Christianson or Valvanera Moreno, our Programs co-chairs, for more information.
- We will be having a call for new members of the board this spring. Participate by voting! If you would like to serve on the board or volunteer, reach out to Fabien Armogathe.
- We have a new local SSPI-MA mentorship program. Let Alena Koci, our Mentorship Program Lead, know if you would like to participate!
- Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram and spread the word of upcoming events!
My thanks to the Board of Directors and all volunteers who have made 2019 a stellar year for SSPI Mid-Atlantic. Thank you, our chapter members and extended space family, for attending and participating in our events. We look forward to your continued interest in 2020!
SSPI Mid-Atlantic Chapter