Annual Winter Fundraising Event
The SSPI Mid Atlantic Chapter Winter Scholarship Party is an annual event to raise funds to support our Scholarship program. Proceeds from this and all SSPI events go towards the scholarship fund supporting local schools. We have established partnerships with George Washington University, University of Maryland, John Hopkins and George Mason University to award scholarships to promising students in satellite & space related studies. Additionally we have supported local public schools via donations to the county and also the Student Spaceflight Experiments Program (SSEP).
The Winter event is our largest fund-raising opportunity of the year and only made possible with donations from satellite & space industry companies. The highlight of the event is the raffle and silent auction which give our attendees a chance to bid on and win some fantastic items. Donating companies are recognized on all printed material, the SSPI website and of course at the event itself. SSPI Mid Atlantic Chapter is also a 501©3 non-profit organization so donations can be tax deductible.
- When: January 18th, 5:30 - 8:30pm
- Who: SSPI MA & SES GS hosting
- Keynote: Dr. Josef Koller, "A car in every driveway, a computer in every home, a satellite for every school"
- Where: SES GS Offices,11790 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300, Reston, VA 20191
- Why: Network & raise funds for our scholarship program
- What: drinks, food, raffle & online auction (must pre-register on Auction site here)
- How: your donations and attendance will make it a success.
- Ticket Prices higher at the door..... Click here to register.(member must be logged in to receive discounts)
Please consider donating a raffle or auction item for the event and we hope to see you and your colleagues at the event (register in advance). Previously donated items that generated the most excitement included sporting event tickets (baseball, hockey, etc.), retail and restaurant gift cards, and electronics – we welcome any donation that would be of interest to our guests. Cash donations are also welcome and appreciated. As we near the end of 201, you can decide whether to use your current year or next year corporate giving account funds!
This is a great opportunity to connect with industry colleagues and enjoy the complimentary food and beverages courtesy of SES Government Solutions.
Contact Diego to donate an item, sponsor or get information.